The Adventures of Tired Kelly

Yesterday, yes, yesterday! I woke up at 7 PM the day before, hopped into the lovely private chatroom the lovely ladies over at the Hinako Takanaga Livejournal community had set up for the discussion of Hinako Takanaga’s awesome series’ and opened up my writing document for my novel for this month, jumping my windows back and forth between the chat and my writing document. I made myself some breakfast (yes, breakfast, because it was around the time when I woke up when I made it) of WAFFLEEESSS (note: imagine the pink & purple unicorns from the “Charlie the Unicorn” series when reading “waffles”) and later lunch. I cranked out probably about 2,000 to 3,000 words, boosting up my word count to the 9,000s.

I walked out of my room to go make my lunch and saw that the sun was coming up due to the lightish blue sky that was peaking under the windows of the living room. I figured my dad was going to wake up in an hour or so. I was already up and knew that the real estate agent people were coming, so I had to make my bedroom look a bit nicer. I also had a therapy appointment later that day, so I thought “oh, hey, I’m just going to stay up because there’s no point in sleeping now”.

I stayed up, took a shower, and later after my dad left, began recording a video with the intention of posting up on YouTube, rambling about how awesome it is to see my own works in a physical book. Of course, that was cut short when I heard my dad return back home (note it was probably around 10:30 or something like that), so I walked out into the kitchen and told him I couldn’t find any sticky notes in his car.

…okay, you’re probably wondering where the sticky notes thing came from. Okay, maybe you’re not. But I’m going to tell you anyway.

I’m planning on using my proof copy of my novel to edit it. It just feels a lot more fresh to read as a book and I think I might pick up more mistakes by reading it that way. I don’t want to ruin the book, so I wanted to use sticky notes instead to make notes of what I needed to fix.

My dad didn’t have any sticky notes though. Once I told him that, he picked some up at Staples (that I didn’t get until after 5 PM).

When I looked at the clock, it was a lot later than I thought it had been – it was almost 11. I knew I had about 45 minutes to waste before I headed out for my therapy appointment, so I wrote for a bit before leaving. I went to therapy and had a wonderful session. I haven’t gone to this therapist for over two months, so it was nice seeing her again! It was pretty dang exciting talking about the progress I made with my other one.

I returned back home, packed up my sewing stuff my dad told me I had to bring back to my mom’s house (because the real estate agents oh-so-kindly called it clutter). I packed it up and brought it back over, minus the drawers that I was too lazy to take out of my trunk (I had to bring them down into the basement and I didn’t feel like doing that). It was about 2:30, so I had to run back to my house and get my laptop. I stopped at Whole Foods to pick me up a bit of chocolate that I’ve been craving (Lake Champlain Milk Chocolate – SO good) and some Tomato Basil soup (what? I was hungry) and went to my mom’s house.

I was VERY tired. Because, remember, I’ve been up since 7 PM the previous day. I hate driving when I’m tired. I’m not very good at paying attention in the first place, but being tired is so much worse (…I hate driving. Hate hate hate.). I booted up my laptop with the intention of writing my story, but I didn’t get very far because I was far too tired and too hungry. And I didn’t feel comfortable. Instead, I just made my food and talked to my friend about a collaborative story we’re going to do in the future.

It was about 5 PM when I went back home. I brought everything that I had brought to my mom’s inside, got changed, and went to bed.

And then I woke up at 1-something AM today. I don’t remember at this point. And I wrote the rambling journal entry prior to this one. I have one more to write, on my Written Works blog, before I go attempt to crank out 7,000 words. After I finish building my playlist. Seriously, my playlist I used for Love Me Softly feels awkward to use for this novel.

But yeah. THAT WAS MY DAY.

That wasn’t very adventurous. Harharhar.