[PERSONAL | MY DAY] Daily Updates #14

Warning: I most likely will not be editing these posts, so please forgive any mistakes I make.

Hey everybody, how are you doing? I’m personally doing alright. I’m extremely tired and my forearms are sore for whatever reason, so I should really be resting them. But no. I’m here, on my computer because I have goals to do and they’re not going to get done if I don’t work hard towards them.

I will admit that I am slowly doing them, far more slowly than I actually want to. I suppose in a way I am trying to “ease in” on this new routine, but it’s honestly just tiredness combining with laziness.

Like, I’m so tired, I probably could sleep for a whole day and only wake up once.


So, I went to bed MUCH later than I wanted to yesterday and woke up around 1 PM to get ready for work, only to realize I went in about a half hour later than I thought I was going to, so I could sleep.


No, wait.

I didn’t wake up at 1 PM.

I first woke up at 9. Then 11. Then 12. Then 1.

It was annoying.

I was REALLY annoyed at waking up at 9. Like really body, REALLY. You decide that YOU want to wake me up…now? I only had like, maybe two hours of sleep!

After I woke up at 1, I ended up just sitting back and relaxing until 2:30, slightly dosing off because I was tired. And I’m still tired, as you already know.

So, I went to work and spent pretty much the whole entire day in some type of daze. Normally I am like this, but I can also normally pull myself out of it when I need to. Not today, nope. I don’t think I’m getting sick though. I think it’s just me not getting enough sleep and I really should start to do that. Like I should have right when I came home from work.

Work today was surprisingly slow up until the very end. I had a very surprising amount of cashiers, managed to do 5 audits, closed down all registers except for the ones that had cashiers on them, and I didn’t even jump on a register today to cut down the lines! I took a total of two customers today because I had made them wait unintentionally.

I also finally find one manager who actually makes sense. Like, he actually wants the CSMs to run the front end, unlike the other managers in the store I encounter who seem to want nobody to run the front end. I felt an anime river-of-tears roll down my cheeks in my head about this. Like, FINALLY, somebody who actually MAKES SENSE! I asked him to clarify a policy for me and he said he would find a copy of it for me to go over, since his own memory is a bit rusty on it.

Work was overall a pretty good day. I’ll admit that I did spend a good portion of the day trying to figure out my plan for when I got home, which was really hard to do because I felt so tired.

When I got home, the first thing I did was make food. I heated up some chili and ate it while I watched some videos. After I finished it, I went on to my first goal of the night: art commissions!

For art commissions, I decided to do at least one. Like, I know I have a ton more to do, but considering how tired I am and how not-productive I feel like being, just doing one should suffice. It did. It definitely did.

After about an hour of it, I had enough. I’m actually almost done with the piece at this point and I think within another hour, may an hour and a half, I would be completely done with the piece. It’s pretty awesome to think about that! However, I’m too tired and I wanted to try and do other things, so I did.

I took a break to watch some more videos, resting my sore arms. I then worked on the comic storyboard, which was honestly WAY more fun to do than I thought it would be. I think my crappy doodles for it make it a ton of fun. I didn’t really want to stop, but I did about 25 minutes after (I would have stopped at 20 minutes, but I had been in the middle of drawing a page and didn’t want to leave it hanging).

I took another break of watching more videos before I shut down everything and opened up Dreamweaver to work on the Hurricane360 subsite. I knew I wouldn’t be able to work on it to the full extent I wanted to, but that’s okay. I just did what I could muster up. If you want to know more about that, you can go read this update.

Yep! I did a separate update for that! That’s how I intend to do updates on things. If it’s a project that has a place to be a separate update, a separate update it shall be!

I also poked around in FL Studio because I just wanted to figure out what Synth1 packs I have and what sounds I like from it. I dropped in a random tune (that I actually rather like) and began to experiment. I took some notes of the synths I liked so far. I’ll admit, I didn’t get very far for it because I had the more important Hurricane360 website to work on.

And now, I’m going to sleep.

Good night, everybody.