My Haunted Twyla review was the first time I ever tried to use any sort of lighting in my pictures. My work room is unfortunately too dark in general for any good pictures, hence why I had to try lighting. Of course, the lighting didn’t come out perfect. I ended up having to do some colour adjustments in Photoshop, which is more or less the second time I’ve ever had to do something like that. I expect to be doing it more in the future.
I first started the file by opening up the original photo in Photoshop.
As you can see, the colours are kind of blah. I mean, they’re not terrible; they just don’t reflect the colours properly. I’m going to blame my lack of good lighting. (I was using one desk lamp plus the room’s actual lighting; it’s not that good.)
I then open up the “Levels” option and hit “Auto” to fix the colours. I don’t always do that, but I found for photos such as these, it works quite well. I first figured that out with the Kiyomi review.
Once that was completed, I opened the “Colour Balance” menu. I needed to fix their colouring, since both of them are pretty off from their actual colours thanks to the lighting.
I upped the Cyan the most, with a bit of the Magenta. It seemed to work really well for me.
The colours, to me, are now more accurate to the actual dolls. That weird yellowish tint is gone and their colours are more vibrant.
I used different settings for each image, which I think was dependent on the lighting. Overall, I’m happy with the results. I was worried I wasn’t going to be able to show Twyla’s colours correctly, especially since they’re so beautiful. I’m glad I got to!
I’m not really sure if this will help anyone (probably not), but if it does…sweet. Have fun!